Thursday, October 6, 2011

SOAR So Close, Yet So Far

I am not making it to SOAR 2011 in nearby Manchester NH this week, but two dear spinning friends are. Hope for a report soon from Betsy and Chris, who are a devoutly fanatical about spinning as I am. A week of spinning in New Hampshire! What a way to spend National Spinning and Weaving week this year! Meanwhile, I plug away at my 2012 calendar and upload new images to my etsy store. At night I keep at my knitting projects, and during the day I steal a few minutes here and there to spin up some random fiber from my too vast collection, or pick open dyed fleece that requires this step before carding or combing. Doesn't really matter what I work on, as long as my hands are busy, touching the fabulous materials and feeling myself relax.

Two events coming up in New England I expect to get to: The 2nd Annual Fiber Festival of New England at The Big E in West Springfield early next month, and then the Northeast Handspinners' Association Open House in Pawtucket RI. Both are easy day trips and hopefully a fiber friend will join me.

No comments: