The spring thaw this week (temps into the 50s! Yesssssssss!) must have been the impetus for extra nice fiber experiences. They included:
1. Finishing one of Jeff's two socks -- the wool is a beautiful handpainted skein I picked up at the Sheep Shack in December.
2. Viewing Maile's beautiful hand-hooked rugs at her Guild's show in Northborogh. What variety! What skill! What creativity!
3. A terrific inaugural meeting of the planning committee for the 2010 Sheep to Shawl, Llama To Pajama slated for Green Hill Park in Worcester MA on October 23rd, 12-4PM. After this meeting, also a first-ever tour of the farm barn and introduction to the residents (two llamas, three Romneys, four assorted goats, and a flock of laying hens).
4. A lively and satisfying Guild meeting at Elaine's house, featuring first-time attendee Kate from Great Rock Alpacas in Barre MA. We learned so much from her stories about alpaca farming, touched some beautiful product, and enjoyed yummy treats. Thanks Elaine!
5. Began a swatch with (gasp!) my first hank of linen from Louet.
Photos will be forthcoming!