Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hosting a Guild Meeting

Oh, fun! I get to host our next Wachusett Spinners Guild meeting this coming Sunday. Very excited, and a little stressed. Housekeeping is not one of my strengths, and we have a sizable home for just two humans and two dogs. The canines keep us in plenty of dog-hair tumble weeds, and we humans are rat packers. Stuff is everywhere. Signs of intelligent minds, right? So, I've warned a few of the ladies, and Betsy commented that the Guild members were sure  to leave plenty of fiber matter behind so who really cares? Okay. I can do this.

Samples of natural dyeing experiments from last year. Note the hot turmeric yellow! Who knew?!

Have been picking my naturally dyed fiber collection while watching news and movies with Jeff in the basement home office. Multitasking in this way makes me feel  very productive. Handling the different fleece fibers is fascinating. Border Leicester compared to Southdown compared to Finn/Suffolk compared to Mohair. So satisfying. Hmmmmm, maybe today is a fiber indulgence day after all!

No comments: