Thursday, November 4, 2010

No pics from Sheep to Shawl, but plenty of excitement about The Gathering

I was too busy staying warm and instructing folks on wheel and drop spinning to get the camera out! But, it was fun to talk to the public and meet some interesting new enthusiasts. The others claim attendance was up from previous years, and all presenters had good feedback to share. Dave Niles and his wife Jen came by; Jen edits Massmoms.com and Dave made a nice little newsy video for the Telegram & Gazette.

Tomorrow I'm off to Wilmington VT for the 2010 The Gathering, a 3-day handspinners conference. Oh, joy! Betsy and Chris will meet me there. I'm signed up for Natural Dying, Needle Felting, and Spinning with Mohair. A sauna, heated outdoor pool, and other creature comforts await us. Bet the food is good there, too! Hands on fiber for three days in a row . . . can hardly contain myself.

No comments: